Notifications
Clear all

2022 LANDMARK CHALLENGE COUNTDOWN

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jacqui-ann)

2 DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE LANDMARK CHALLENGE GOES LIVE!

What would Google come up with if I researched the brand and the number 2 I wondered? Well, apparently there’s a connection – the two-stroke engine… who knew? Not me!

The Model 125 or S-125 was introduced by Harley-Davidson in 1947 as a 1948 model. The 125 cc two-stroke engine produced three horsepower, which was sent through a three-speed foot-shift transmission. The front suspension used girder forks suspended by large rubber bands, which proved to be problematic because they broke and were unavailable from H.D. after the early 1960s.

A dual seat was an available option but proved to be unpopular, likely because the machine was underpowered for two.

Like most vehicles at the time, the 1949 model was six volt and had a bulb and reflector headlight assembly.

Ten thousand Model S-125s were sold during the first seven months of 1947. Despite largely being ignored by dealers, the 125 gained a large following among young riders, many of whom would go on to ride larger motorcycles.

The rubber-band front suspension was replaced in 1951 by a telescopic fork referred to as "Tele-Glide".

The 2022 Landmark challenge will go live on 15th April 2022, (Good Friday) but you can sign up after this date and still take part. We have made some slight changes to this year’s challenge now that we have a full chapter riding calendar and can now raise money for our chosen charity with raffles at club night.

Registration to this time is just £5 per bike, payment by bank transfer to our Chapter bank account, Nene Valley Hog, sort code: 20-61-51, account number: 10037877. Please use reference LMC 2022 when making the payment.

Once payment has been confirmed, you will be given access to the Landmarks, and will be sent a coloured ribbon and a little lucky charm to accompany you on your travels.

There are 50 Landmarks to visit this year. At each one simply take a selfie showing the Landmark, your ribbon & charm, and where possible your bike. Post it on the Landmark Challenge Facebook page and you will be awarded a point.

This year, we are using 10 Road Captain club rides as part of the challenge. Going on the ‘Road Captain Choice’ rides will attract additional points. You will be awarded an additional 10 points for going on 5 RC choice rides and 20 additional points for going on all 10 RC choice rides.

As last year, the winner will be the person with the most points at the end on the year. The last day of the challenge will be the day of our remembrance ride 13th November 2022.

Feel free to contact me or Simon if you have any questions.

Jacqui Mead

Share:
Verified by MonsterInsights